With the foundation a mere weeks away, we need your help! The (Proposed) Board of Directors for the new foundation is looking for logo ideas. If you're graphically artistic and would like to volunteer to help, we'd love to see what you can do for us. A few things to know:
(1) We welcome all submissions! Any designs submitted will be presented anonymously to the the (Proposed) Board of Directors for voting.
(2) We are looking for a simple design. Someone that can easily become recognizable.
(3) Please remember we are limited by some copyright, designs shouldn't use anything that is the property of another.
(4) The foundation's name is still pending 100% approval (it will likely be granted), but until it's approved we've got to keep it under wraps. Please email me if you are interested in submitting a piece, and we'll let you know all the details. Email - Josephcflynn@gmail.com
(5) Submissions are needed NO LATER than April 20th.
On October 11, 2011, our son, Holden Joseph Flynn, was born with a complex congenital heart defect (CHD). By his 14th month of life, he required 4 operations to repair his distressed and broken heart. Simply put, he went through more medically, than most of us will need in our lifetime.
On January 5, 2014, while awaiting a heart transplant, he lost his battle with CHD.
While his life was short, the number of people Holden touched was unimaginable. When we learned of his heart defect at our 20 week ultrasound, we gave him the nickname, The Tin Man after the lovable Wizard of Oz character. The legend grew rather quickly, and it wasn't long before the hospital got word and featured him in a film, “The Tin Man”, that not only won national awards but opened avenues that allowed him to be an advocate for all CHD children. Holden and his Tin Man nickname served as a poster child for Children's Miracle Network and the American Heart Association. He love his wagon rides, his swings, and his fish, named, Fish.
We created the Holden Flynn Fund on January 8, 2014 to help us build a foundation that will continue Holden’s fight in spirit. We’re committed to making the foundation an entity that would not only make Holden proud, but allow us to continue to leave his mark on the CHD community and beyond.
Over time, we will create an organization that does everything from assisting displaced heart families, to fundraising for CHD research, and raising awareness at the highest levels.